Is Your Mother a Prostitute ? - IAS PI Question

Recently in an Interview conducted by Indian Administrative Service (IAS) an unexpected question has got a lot of attention. The question was asked by one of the panel member and have surprised many applicants and selected candidates. Here goes the question.

Panel Member :
Hello, How are you ?

Candidate 1 :
I am fine sir, how are you ?
 
Candidate 2 : Good morning sir, I am good and how are you ?

Candidate 3 :
Hello Sir, I am good, How are you ?

Panel Member : I am fine, Thank you..

Candidate 1 : :)
 
Candidate 2 : :)

Candidate 3 : :)

Panel Member : So, let me ask you a question.

Candidates 1, 2, 3 : Sure sir, go on..

Panel Member : Is Your Mother a Prostitute?

Candidate 1 : WTF !!!!!!!!!

Candidate 2 : I am sorry, what are you asking ?

Candidate 3 : (was thinking silently)

Panel Member : So,Gentle men, i think you have to try for next interview, you may leave..

Candidate 1 : Thank you sir, (and has left the cabin)

Candidate 2 : Thank you sir, (and has left the cabin)

Candidate 3 : (was still thinking.....)

Panel Member : So, what are you thinking Mr.XYZ...

Candidate 3 : Yes sir, can you repeat the question again ?

Panel Member : Yes, sure, i just asked, Is you Mother a prostitute ?

Candidate 3 :

 Yes Sir, My mother is a prostitute, But my father is the only customer.

Panel Member : I am impressed, and was expecting the answer from any one of you 3 candidates today. I hope India needs your valuable services. You may leave..
That candidate was selected as an IAS officer in one of the southern states in India. And he is from Andhra Pradesh.

So, you have to just think one thing when you go for any interviews, The panel member has no personal grudge on you. What ever he is asking you, is to test your patience and logical thinking.

Hope you remember this and be logical when you come across situations like this..
  1. If his father is her regular customer then it says that she lies with him for money...thats woerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. money or food thats equall so.....society been formed to have good life, what if some one life is in stake...and they dont know any other mean of survival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently I discovered that my Mother is a prostitute, I don't know what should i do now? leaving my house is the only best option I do have. Don't know if It's a right choice or not. some people will think that why am I writing this! can't explain. but one think i know sure very well that I can't live this life the way i lived before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies and gentlemen, this is not an IAS question first thing. Second, I faced such interviewer at Bank of America long ago. One thing is that we are forgetting here we are from a country where in parents are respected at scots and we are trying to follow the questionnaire format of the countries where interview or having sex with parents is Joy.

    ReplyDelete